Worcester County, MassachusettsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:43, 11 October 2008 by Dsammy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- In 1997, the county governments of Middlesex, Berkshire, Essex, Hampden and Worcester were abolished.
- Their functions were turned over to state agencies.
- Sheriffs in these counties still administer jails but their employees are state employees.
- The legislation to abolish these county governments transferred Registeries of Deeds to the jurisdiction of the Secretary of the Commonwealth.
- Bristol, Dukes, Nantucket, Norfolk, Plymouth and Suffolk county governments remain substantially unchanged.
Places / Localities
Worcester, Fitchburg, Uxbridge, Mendon, Sturbridge, Milford, Uxbridge, more...
Societies and Libraries
- The Worcester County MAGenWeb Project, an member of The MAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Worcester County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Worcester County (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Worcester County
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback