WorldCat Online Catalog
From FamilySearch Wiki
(Difference between revisions)
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
Revision as of 17:01, 23 January 2014OCLC WorldCat is an online union catalog of over 1.93 billion titles at 72,000 libraries in 172 countries and territories. The catalog of the Family History Library was made available via OCLC WorldCat in 2014. Although it is the world’s largest bibliographic database for materials held around the world, it is not comprehensive.
See also Finding Microfilmed Newspapers, which includes WorldCat instructions and screenshots.
Searching WorldCat is simple:
- Go to http://www.worldcat.org/
- Type in some keywords for the title, subject or person. An advanced search option is also available.
- Click on the name of the title you need.
- Enter your location and then click "find libraries".
- Scroll down and click on the name of a holding library.
- Click on details to see description of the item. You can see a Full Record, Brief Record, or have A Look Inside.
- Click on Request Interlibrary Loan to see details on lending, or check with your local library for assistance.