Wright County, MinnesotaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Minnesota-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- 1855--Wright County was created 20 February 1855 from Cass and Sibley Counties. County seat: Buffalo 
- For a brief history of how Wright County was named, click here, then select Wright County.
Civil War service men from Wright County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Wright County.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company D.
- - 3rd Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company A.
- - 8th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company E.
Societies and Libraries
St. Michael, Wright, Minnesota - Access website of the St. Michael Historical Society, for databases of the St. Michael area, and other genealogical research tools.
Family History Centers
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).