Wright County, MinnesotaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Minnesota-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- 1855--Wright County was created 20 February 1855 from Cass and Sibley Counties. County seat: Buffalo 
- For a brief history of how Wright County was named, click here, then select Wright County.
Civil War service men from Wright County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Wright County.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company D.
- - 3rd Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company A.
- - 8th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company E.
- - 9th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company B.
- - Hatch's Independent Battalion, Minnesota Cavalry, Company E.
Societies and Libraries
- St. Michael, Wright, Minnesota - Access website of the St. Michael Historical Society for databases of the St. Michael area and other genealogical research tools.
Family History Centers
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback