Wyoming Bible RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Bible Records for Wyoming
Bibles were often given to a bride as a wedding gift, and families often recorded information in them about their immediate family and close relatives. Bible records may include birth, marriage, and death dates; parents’ names’ and names of children and their spouses, including maiden names. The age of a person may be given at the time of death. Many families kept Bible records from 1850 to more recent times; however, few records have survived.
Societies with Bible Records
Some bibles have been donated to local libraries or societies or you may need to contact descendants to locate the family Bible.
The Daughters of the American Revolution have compiled some Bible records from Wyoming.
- Daughters of the American Revolution -Wyoming. Bible Records.  The volumes are generally arranged by county, and many have individual indexes. These are available on microfilm at the Family History Library Catalog 
- An Index to Some of the Bibles and Family Records of the United States This work is a partial surname index to the DAR Genealogical Collection.
Books and Periodicals
- Many Bible records are published in periodicals. See the Wyoming Periodicals and, see PERiodical Source Index (PERSI).
Other collections and transcriptions of Bible records are listed in the Locality Search of the Family History Library Catalog under:
- WYOMING - BIBLE RECORDS
- ↑ Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1971. film 851218 item 6.
- ↑ (Family History Library film 848633.
- ↑ Kirkham, E. Kay. An Index to Some of the Bibles and Family Records of the United States: 45,500 References as Taken from Microfilm at the Genealogical Society of Utah. Logan, Utah: Everton Publishers, 1984. (Family History Library book 973 D22kk v.2; fiche 6089184.)
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback