Yazoo County, Mississippi GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 07:15, 7 January 2011 by 127.0.0.1
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- Civil War service men from Yazoo County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Yazoo County.
- - 10th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company K - Yazoo Minute Rifles
- - 1st Regiment, Mississippi Light Artillery
- Company B - Herrod’s Battery, aka Vaughan Rebels
- Company I - Bowman’s Battery
- - 3rd Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company I - John M. Sharps, aka Yazoo Rebels
- - 12th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company I - Satartia Rifles [also listed as Co. G]
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).