York Pennsylvania Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The York Family History Center has 6 computers that can be used to do research on family ancestors. We have 3 film readers and knowledgeable consultants to help you.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 2100 Hollywood Dr., York, PA 17403
- Use the parking lot found beside the entrance to Queensgate Shopping Center.
- Ring the doorbell on the left side of the back door to enter the building.
- Location on Map
- Tuesday: 9 AM - Noon, 7 PM - 9 PM
- Wednesday: 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
- Thursday: 9 AM – Noon, 6:00 PM – 8 PM
- Saturday: 9 AM – Noon
Holiday Schedule: Will be closed York County Schools are closed or delayed.
Closed the following holidays:
New Year's Day, President's Day Weekend, Spring LDS General Conference (first Saturday in April), Memorial Day Weekend, Fourth of July, Labor Day Weekend, Fall General Conference (first Saturday in October), Thanksgiving Extended Weekend, Christmas Eve thru New Year's Eve.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- 6 Computers
- 3 Microfilm Readers
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.) <fck:hr>
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.) <fck:hr>
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.) </fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr>