Nueva apariencia de los foros de FamilySearchEditar la página
De FamilySearch Wiki
| Esta página ha sido propuesto para ser borrada.
Cualquier comentario se debe agregar a la página de discusión.
We are excited to announce two changes that will be taking place beginning on April 11th 2011:
FamilySearch or LDS Account Integration
Starting April 11th, you will be able to log in to the FamilySearch Forums with your FamilySearch or LDS Account, a single account that gives you access to all of the FamilySearch websites. This is the last FamilySearch website in English to switch to the new user account system, so with this change, all of your English FamilySearch websites and programs are accessible with this single user name and password. When the change is made, the forums will be "read-only" (meaning no one will be able to post to them) for about an hour.
Capturing Your Forum History
It is important to note that when you first sign in to the Forums with your FamilySearch or LDS Account, the Forums will show you as a “brand new” Forum member with zero posts. If you would like for all of your previous posts and user information to be connected to your FamilySearch or LDS Account user name, you will need to "merge" your old account into your new account. You will have until May 11th to do this.
To merge your accounts and capture your posting history, you will need to follow a few steps:
- Before April 11th, write down your CURRENT forum user name and password. If you can’t remember your forum log-in information:
- Go to http://forums.familysearch.org.
- Log out (if it shows you as being logged in in the upper right corner).
- Attempt to log in.
- If you log in with the wrong information, follow the steps to retrieve your user name, or reset your password
- When you see the changes on April 11th (it will be obvious because the forums will have a new look), you may log in with either your “old” Forums user name, or your FamilySearch or LDS Account.
- The system will detect which one you are using and walk you through the steps of what to do at that point to merge the accounts together.
Note: If you do not yet have a FamilySearch or LDS Account, or don’t remember the user name or password of that account, the website will walk you through how to retrieve that information.
Once you have merged the two accounts, you will see that:
- Your old posts will still show under your old user name, but clicking on your user name will take you to your new user page.
- You will have to enter the username and password each time you come to the site; the Forums will no longer save your user name and password and keep you logged in. This is for security purposes and can’t be changed.
New Forum Look
Additionally, the look and feel of the forums will change to more closely reflect that of all other FamilySearch websites:
- Esta página fue modificada por última vez el 1 oct 2013, a las 20:49.
- Esta página ha sido visitada 401 veces.
¿Nuevo a la Wiki de Investigación?
En la Wiki de investigación FamilySearch, puedes aprender a hacer investigaciones genealógicas o comparta tus conocimientos con otros.Aprende Más