Who will index or arbitrate the billionth record?
March 19, 2013
Since the launch of FamilySearch indexing in September of 2006, over 984 million records have been indexed and arbitrated! The advances of technology and the dedication of our volunteers have increased the speed with which we can process and deliver records for publication. We are so close to reaching one billion records indexed and arbitrated! Join us in a global effort to reach this goal. Who will be the one to index or arbitrate the billionth record? Will it be you? Start indexing today!
Special prizes will be given to the indexers and arbitrator of the billionth record. Follow status updates on the FamilySearch indexing Facebook page during the coming weeks.
Current and Completed Projects
To view a list of currently available indexing projects, along with their record language and completion percentage, visit the FamilySearch indexing updates page. To learn more about individual projects, view the FamilySearch projects page.
New Projects Added
• US, Mississippi—Military Grave Registrations, 1936–1951
• US—Veterans Administration Pension Payment Cards, 1907-1933 [Part F]
• US, North Carolina—County Marriages, 1762–1959 [Part E]
• US (Community Project), New York—New York Passenger Lists, 1942–1957 [Part G]
• Brasil, Rio de Janeiro—Cartões de Imigração, 1900–1965 [Parte 3EE]
• US, Maine—WWI Draft Registration Index, 1917–1919
• US, Indiana, Vigo County Marriages—1811–1959
• US, Florida—County Marriages, 1830–1957 [Part D]
• Guatemala, Chiquimula—Nacimientos, 1929–2008 [Parte C]
• Chile—Nacimientos Civiles, 1885–1900 [Parte F]
• US, Maine—Civil War Soldiers and Sailors Card Index, 1861–1865
• US, Indiana, Whitley—County Marriages, 1811–1959
• US (Community Project), New York—New York Passenger Lists, 1942–1957 [Part E]
• Brasil, Rio de Janeiro—Cartões de Imigração, 1900–1965 [Parte 3DD]
• New Zealand—Passenger Lists, 1871–1915 [Part 2F]
• UK—WWI Service Records, 1914–1920 [Part 1]
• US (Community Project), New York—New York Passenger Lists, 1942–1957 [Part D]
View the FamilySearch projects page to see the full list of available projects and to learn more about how to participate in various projects.
Recently Completed Projects
Note: Recently completed projects have been removed from the available online indexing batches and will now go through a final completion check process. They will be published at FamilySearch.org in the near future.
• Honduras, Tegucigalpa—Registros Parroquiales, 1684–1930
• Canada, Ontario—Marriages, 1869–1927 [Part C]
• US, Indiana, Switzerland – County Marriages 1811–1959
• US (Community Project), Florida, Tampa—Passenger Lists, 1898–1945 [Part B]
• España, Málaga - Nacimientos 1841-1870
• Barbados—Church Records, 1637–1850
• US, Massachusetts, Boston—Passenger Lists, 1891–1943 [Part B]
• New Zealand—Passenger Lists, 1871–1915 [Part 2B]
• US, Ohio—County Births, 1856–1956 [Part A]
• Italia (Antenati Italiani), Caltanissetta—Nati, 1888–1902 [Parte 3]
• US, Indiana, Spencer County – Marriages 1811–1959
• Italia (Antenati Italiani), Vercelli—Nati, 1875–1902 [Parte 2]
• US, Iowa—County Marriages 1838-1992 [Part C]
• Brasil, Rio de Janeiro—Cartões de Imigração, 1900–1965 [Parte 3S]
• Nederland, Gelderland—geboorten burgelijke stand, 1811–1902
• US, North Carolina—County Marriages, 1762–1959 [Part D]
• US, California—Death Index, 1905–1939
• US, Indiana, Tipton—County Marriages, 1811–1959
• South Africa—Methodist Church Parish Registers, 1822–1996 [Part B]
• US, Missouri—1876 State Census [Part 1]
• Italia (Antenati Italiani), Taranto—Nati, 1880–1887 [Parte 2]
• US, Ohio—County Births 1856-1956 [Part B]
• Belgium, Hainaut—Registres Civils, 1871–1897
• Brasil, Rio de Janeiro—Cartões de Imigração, 1900–1965 [Parte 3T]
• US, Nebraska—WWI Draft Registration Cards 1917–1918 [Part 3]
• US, Utah—WWI Draft Registration Cards, 1917–1918 [Part 4A]
• US, Nevada—WWI Draft Registration Cards, 1917–1918 [ Part 4A]
• US (Community Project), Pennsylvania, Philadelphia—Passenger Lists, 1883–1945 [Part B]
• US, Vermont—Vital Records, 1760–1954 [Part F]
FamilySearch International is the largest genealogy organization in the world. FamilySearch is a nonprofit, volunteer-driven organization sponsored by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Millions of people use FamilySearch records, resources, and services to learn more about their family history. To help in this great pursuit, FamilySearch and its predecessors have been actively gathering, preserving, and sharing genealogical records worldwide for over 100 years. Patrons may access FamilySearch services and resources free online at FamilySearch.org or through over 4,600 family history centers in 132 countries, including the main Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah.