14th Consolidated Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Go to 14th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry Wiki page for more details and a list of the regiment companies that were part of this unit.
- The 14th Mississippi Infantry Internet site has a longer history taken from Dunbar Rowland's Military History of Mississippi, 1803-1898.
- "Units of the Confederate States Army" by Joseph H. Crute, Jr. contains no history for this unit. 
Regiment Companies with the County of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Mississippi in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Mississippi in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Mississippi, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System (accessed 11 January 2011)