14th Independent Battery, Michigan Light Artillery
The 14th Independent Battery, Michigan Light Artillery was organized at Kalamazoo, Michigan. It was mustered in January 5, 1864. The regiment was mustered out July 1, 1865. 
- For more information on the history of this unit, see: 14th Independent Battery Light Artillery, (accessed 13 July 2012).
- The Wikipedia article, 14th Independent Battery Michigan Light Artillery, (accessed 13 July 2012).
Many of the men in this battery were from Kalamazoo County - see Roster.
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Michigan in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Michigan in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Michigan, and how to find them. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Robertson, John. "Michigan in the War" (Lansing, Mich: State Printer, 1882) Page 541. Internet Archives. FHL Film 1294017. Other Libraries.
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System (accessed 4 November 2010).