1st Field Battery, Louisiana Light Artillery (Confederate)
Organized in New Orleans on October 29, 1861. The battery served with several different units through the war. The battery was stationed at Tyler, Texas when the war ended. 
"Units of the Confederate States Army" by Joseph H. Crute, Jr. contains no history for this unit.
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
Not organized into companies. Organized in St. Mary's Parish. 
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Louisiana in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Louisiana in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Louisiana, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Arthur W. Bergeron, Jr., Guide to Louisiana Confederate Military Units 1861-1865, (Baton Rouge, Louisiana: Louisiana State University Press, 1989), 18–20. WorldCat 45731931 FHL Book 976.3 M2ba
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 6 December 2010).
- Arthur W. Bergeron, Jr., Guide to Louisiana Confederate Military Units 1861-1865, (Baton Rouge, Louisiana: Louisiana State University Press, 1989), 17–18. WorldCat 45731931 FHL Book 976.3 M2ba