32nd Regiment, Wisconsin Infantry
The 32nd Regiment, Wisconsin Infantry was organized at Oshkosh, Wisconsin, and it was mustered in September 25, 1862. It was mustered out June 12, 1865. 
For more information on the history of this unit, see:
- The Civil War Archive section, 32nd Regiment Infantry, (accessed 21 November 2012).
- The Wikipedia Article, 32nd Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry Regiment, (accessed 21 November 2012).
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
The following company links are to rosters taken from Roster of Wisconsin Volunteers, found on the Internet Archives web site. The rosters show the men who served in each regiment, their residences, dates of enlistment and mustering out, and other remarks.
Company A - Roster page 472.
Company B - Roster page 475.
Company C - Roster page 478.
Company D - Roster page 481.
Company E - Roster page 484.
Company F - Roster page 487.
Company G - Roster page 489.
Company H - Roster page 492.
Company I - Roster page 495.
Company K - Roster page 498.
Unassigned Recruits - Roster page 500.
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier or sailor. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in 'Wisconsin in the Civil War' and 'United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865' (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Wisconsin in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Wisconsin, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Thirty-Second Wisconsin Regiment Survivors Association. Annual reunion of the Thirty-Second Wisconsin Regiment Survivors Association. (Bethesda, Maryland : University Publications of America, c1993), FHL fiche 6118418 and Proceedings of the Thirty-Second Wisconsin Regiment Association at its ... annual reunion. FHL fiche 6118417.
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 6 December 2010).
- Wisconsin. Roster of Wisconsin Volunteers, War of the Rebellion, 1861-1865 Volume II. (Madison: Democrat Printing Co., State Printers, 1886)