67th Regiment, Indiana Infantry
This Unit was organized at Madison, Indiana, and mustered in August 20, 1862. They were consolidated with 24th Indiana Infantry December 21, 1864.
For more information on the history of this unit, see:
- The Civil War Archive section, 67th Regiment Infantry, (accessed 10 May 2012).
- The Wikipedia article, 67th Regiment Indiana Infantry, (accessed 21 June 2012).
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Officer and Non-Commissioned Office - see Roster
- Company A - no cities or counties given - see Roster on page 71
- Company B - no cities or counties given - see Roster on page 72
- Company C -no cities or counties given - see Roster on page 74
- Company D - no cities or counties given - see Roster on page 75
- Company E - no cities or counties given - see Roster on page 77
- Company F- no cities or counties given - see Roster on page 78
- Company G - no cities or counties given - see Roster on page 79
- Company H - no cities or counties given - see Roster on page 81
- Company I - no cities or counties given - see Roster on page 82
- Company K -no cities or counties given - see Roster on page 84
- Unassigned Recuits - see Roster on page 85
The list of companies with their counties and their rosters are on the 67th Regimen, Indiana Infantry on CIVIL WAR INDEX web site. (accessed 21 Jan 2011)
- Company B - many men from Monroe County 
- Companies E, and F- many men from Jackson County 
- Companies A, and H - many men from Lawrence County 
67th Regiment, Indiana Infantry was organized in the Third Congressional District.
- Indiana State Digital Achives for Civil War can be searched by soldier's name (accessed 1 May 2011)
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Indiana in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Indiana in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Indiana, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- The Civil War Archive. (accessed 13 Dec 2010) Brief history of the 67th Regiment, Indiana Infantry.
- Wikipedia (accessed 13 Dec 2010) article on the 67th Regiment, Indiana Infantry.
- Union Army Regimental History Index (accessed 14 Dec 2010) Index Of Regimental Histories: Artillery, Cavalry, Infantry, and other units, states Alabama to Indiana
- Bowers, Stephen C., "The Civil War Diary of Chaplain Stephen C. Bowers", (ed. Glenna R. Schroeder, Indiana Magazine of History 79, no. 2 (June 1983): 167-185.) 1862-1863, Dearborn County (Wilmington), 67th Indiana Volunteer Infantry, Co. K , Abstract and Bibliographic Information article PDF (accessed 4 Apr 2011)
- Scott, Reuben B. The History of the 67th Regiment, Indiana Infantry Volunteers: War of the Rebellion.( [S.l.]: Nabu Press, 2010) FHL Collection other libraies Internet Archive
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System (accessed 4 January 2011).
- "Military History" in Blanchard, Charles. Counties of Morgan, Monroe, and Brown, Indiana. Historical and Biographical. (Chicago: F.A. Battey Co, 1884.) page 413-451, 977.2 H2b FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collection other library lt;span id="fck_dom_range_temp_1304019754281_426"/gt; INTERNET ARCHIVE
- "Military History" Chapter 16 in History of Jackson County, Indiana: From the Earliest Time to the Present, with Biographical Sketches, Notes, Etc.: Together with an Extended History of the Northwest, the Indiana Territory and the State of Indiana. (Evansville, Ind: Unigraphic Inc, 1972.) Page 532-580, 977.223 H2b 1972 FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collection other library
- "Military History" Chapter 7 in History of Washington County Indiana: A Re-Production of the Original "History of Lawrence, Orange and Washington Counties" 1884. (Salem, Ind: Washington County Historical Society, 1999.), (page 186) 977.226 H2Lc FHL FHL Collection other librariesINTERNET ARCHIVE