7th Regiment, New York National Guard (30 days, 1861)
"Compendium of the War of the Rebellion" by Frederick H. Dyer contains no history for this unit. 
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘New York in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- New York in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for New York, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Clark, Emmons.History of the Second Company of the Seventh Regiment (National Guard) N. Y. S. Militia. (Bethesda, Maryland : University Publications of America, c1992) FHL Fiche 6083656
- Dix, John A. (John Adams). Address of Maj.-Gen. John A. Dix : at the reception by the Seventh Regiment, National Guard, S. N. Y., of its members who have served in the army and navy of the United States during the great rebellion. (Bethesda, Maryland : University Publications of America, c1992) FHL Fiche 6083660
- Hawks, Steve.The Civil War in the East. Database.
- New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs. "Unit History Project : New York State Military Museum and Veterans Research Center citing Frederick Phisterer, New York in the War of the Rebellion, 3rd ed. (Albany, N.Y.: J. B. Lyon Company, 1912).
- Phisterer, Frederick. New York in the War of the Rebellion, 1861 to 1865. Albany, New York : J.B. Lyon, 1912. Google Books, other libraries with this book, FHL Book 974.7 M2p; FHL Film 1486494-6
- Swinton, William. History of the Seventh Regiment, National Guard, State of New York, during the war of the rebellion : with a preliminary chapter on the origin and early history of the regiment, a summary of its history since the war, and a roll of honor, comprising brief sketches of the services rendered by members of the regiment in the Army and Navy of the United States. (Bethesda, Maryland : University Publications of America, c1992), FHL fiche 6083662
- The Union Army : a History of Military Affairs in the Loyal States, 1861-65, Records of the Regiments in the Union Army, Cyclopedia of Battles, Memoirs of Commanders and Soldiers, Reprint of original published: Madison, WI.: Federal Pub. Co., 1908. Other libraries with this book,FHL Books 973 M2ua, vols. 1-9
- United States. Army. New York Infantry Regiment, 7th (Militia). The manual of the Seventh Regiment, National Guard, S.N.Y. ( Bethesda, Maryland : University Publications of America, c1992) FHL Fiche 6083654 and Ex-orderly sergeant : Recollections of the early days of the National Guard : comprising the prominent events in the history of the famous Seventh Regiment New York Militia. (Bethesda, Maryland : University Publications of America, c1992), FHL fiche 6083655
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 6 December 2010).