90th Regiment, Ohio Infantry
The 90th Regiment, Ohio Infantry mustered in August 29, 1862 at Camp Circleville, Lancaster, Ohio. They were mustered out June 21, 1865 at Camp Dennison, Ohio. 
For more information on the history of this unit, see:
- Larry Stevens' Ohio in the Civil War, 90th Ohio Infantry
- The Civil War Archive section, 90th Regiment Infantry, (accessed 31 August 2012).
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- 90th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Civil War Index, which includes history, battles, and roster with name, rank, age, date entered service, period of service and remarks.
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Ohio in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Ohio in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Ohio, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases
- Harden, H. O. (Henry O.) History of the 90th Ohio Volunteer Infantry in the war of the great rebellion in the United States, 1861 to 1865 (Columbus, Ohio : Ohio Historical Society, 1988) FHL 1688772 Item 4 and (Bethesda, Maryland : University Publications of America, c1993) FHL Fiche 6118236
- Harden, H. O. (Henry O.); Cameron, Scott. History of the 90th Ohio Volunteer Infantry : in the war of the great rebellion in the United States, 1861-1865 (Kent, Ohio : Black Squirrel Books, c2006) FHL Book 977.1 M2hh
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 6 December 2010).
- fckLRHistory of Fayette County Ohio page 186 Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Fayette" defined multiple times with different content
- fckLRHistory of Fairfield County, Ohio page 401 Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Fairfield" defined multiple times with different content
- Clement Luther Martzolff, History of Perry County, (New Lexington, Ohio: Ward and Weiland, 1902), p. 127. Digital version on Internet Archive and FamilySearch books. FHL book 977.159 H2m and film 897280 item 2