Abererch, Gwynedd Genealogy
Abererch is a small village and ecclesiastical parish on the Llŷn Peninsula in the County of Gwynedd, close to the town of Pwllheli. It is a mostly Welsh speaking village.
ABEREIRCH (ABER-ERCH), a parish, in the union of Pwllheli, partly in the hundred of Dinllaen, and partly in the hundred of Eivionedd, county of Carnarvon, North Wales, 1½ mile (E. N. E.) from Pwllheli. The church, dedicated to St. Cawrdav, is an ancient and spacious building, in the later style of English architecture, twenty-six yards in length, and thirteen in breadth, consisting of a nave, north aisle, and chancel. Here are several places of worship for dissenters.
In 1870: ABERERCH, a parish in Pwllheli district, Carnarvon; on the river Erch and thence to the coast, 1½ mile ENE of Pwllheli r. station. It has a post office under Pwllheli. Acres, 5,962; of which 358 are water. Real property, £5,101. Pop., 1,652. Houses, 398. The property is not much divided. The living is a vicarage united with the curacy of Penrhos, in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £132. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is partly early English. There are chapels. for Independents, Calvinistic Methodists, and Wesley ans. Charities, £6. [John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)].
For more information on Abererch see Genuki
|circa 1536 - 31 March 1974||Caernarfonshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Gwynedd|
|from 1 April 1996||Gwynedd|
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 29 Aug 2014.