Addison was chartered on October 14, 1761. The town was organized and the first town meeting held March 29, 1784. Addison is exclusively an agricultural township. Though one of the oldest and in a historical point of view one of the most important towns in the State, the only settlement within its limits at all approaching the dignity of a village is a small cluster of houses in the northeastern part of the town, and known as “The Corners.” 
History of the town of Addison, 1609-1976, by Erwin S. Clark (1976) - find this book in a library.
FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
The probate district for Addison is Addison.
Addison Probate Court
7 Mahady Court
Middlebury, VT 05753
Phone: 802) 388-2612
Enrolled militia, town of Addison, January 1863, records are available on microfilm from the Family History Library. Order film online.
The following is a list of cemeteries in present-day Addison. For location of cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont, Addison County, website at this link.
- Advent-Smith Cemtery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Congregational Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Eaton Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Grand View Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Hanks Yard Cemtery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Hindes Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Lake View Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Payne Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Southard Cemetery- inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
Town Clerk Vital and Town Records, 1761-1977, can be found on FamilySearch (browse only images).
The Family History Library has microfilm of original records from the Addison Town Clerk's Office. These include Town records and deeds, 1761-1858; deeds index, 1761-1950, and Records of births, marriages, and deaths of Addison Vermont, 1857-Mar. 1999; indexes, 1760's-Feb. 1999.
Addison Town Clerks Office
65 VT Route 17
West Addison, VT 05491
Phone: 802 759 2020
Libraries and Historical Societies
Addison Town Historical Society
3968 VT Route 22A,
Addison, VT 05491
Phone: (802) 759-2380
- History of the Town of Addison, VT http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vermont/AddisonAddison.html