Aeugst am Albis parish, Zürich, Switzerland Genealogy
Guide to Aeugst am Albis parish, Switzerland ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
The parish of Aeugst am Albis was established in 1667. Prior to 1667, the villages of Aeugst and Wengi belonged to the parish of Mettmenstetten, while the villages of Aeugstertal and Müliberg belonged to the parish of Stallikon.
Locations within Aeugst am Albis
(see here for article describing the Zürich census records)
Census records prior to the founding of the parish of Aeugst am Albis in 1667 are found under Mettmenstetten for the villages of Aeugst and Wengi, and Stallikon for the villages of Aeugstertal and Müliberg.
The following censuses are available for Aeugst am Albis:
|Census Year||FHL Film number||item number||beginning page|
(see here for article describing Swiss compiled genealogies)
The following genealogies have been researched for Aeugst am Albis families:
Civil registration began in 1876. Aeugst am Albis belongs to the Bezirk Affoltern civil registration district. Records are only available in Switzerland. For further information, contact the civil registry office at:
CH - 8910 Affoltern am Albis
Tel: +41 44 762 56 65
The following surnames held citizenship in Aeugst am Albis prior to 1875:
The town's website (in German) can be found here.