Afton Wyoming Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map: Location Map
- Address: 365 Jefferson St Afton WY 83110
- The Center is the brick building on the SE corner, surrounded by huge blue spruce pines and ample off street parking to the east of the center
- E-mail: WY_Afton@ldsmail.net
- Phone: 307-885-7668
- Monday: 9:00pm-5:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am-8:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am-8:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am-8:00pm
- Friday: 10:00am-2:00pm
- Please call ahead to accomodate large groups
- Holiday Schedule:
All Saturdays & Sundays~Memorial Day~July 4th~July 24-25~ Lincoln County Fair Week
Labor Day~Thanksgiving~Deep Cleaning Nov 24th~Christmas to January 2nd
RootsTech Family Discovery Fair
5 Nov 2015 6 Nov 2015 7 Nov 2015
12 noon - 6 PM 12 noon - 6 PM 12 noon - 6 PM
@ the Family History Center ~ 365 Jefferson St, Afton, WY 83110 307-885-7668
Click to sign up www.lds.org/topics/family-history/host-a-family-history-fair/signup
PLEASE create an account and remember to bring user name and password for familysearch.org before the Fair https://familysearch.org/register/
RootsTech is a global family history event, where people of all ages learn to discover, share, and celebrate their family connections across generations through technology. At RootsTech, there is something for everyone, no matter your experience in family history or your skill level in technology.
There is no charge for attendance.
Each hour of the day you will have the choice of 8 sessions or using the Family History Center. Most but not all sessions are videos downloaded from RootsTech Conference.
Afton Family History Center will be open all day for you to tour, see the online resources available (including some premium FH sites), find you ancestors, learn about FamilySearch Indexing, learn about new features at familysearch.org, and have your questions about FH answered.
Sessions available each day:
Where Did I Come From
Introduce Your Children to Their Grandparents-recorded
Attaching Pictures & Memories to Family Tree
Star Valley History
From Tree to Temple- recorded
Where Do I Start?- recorded
Getting the Most Out of Ancestry.com-recorded
Teaching Family History in Your Home- recorded
Ordering & Using Films- recorded
Family Search Indexing- recorded
How to Tell the Ten Best Stories of Your Life- recorded
Building a Research Toolbox- recorded
Family Discovery Day Leadership Training-recorded
Consultant Training: Using FamilySearch Partners- recorded
Databases and Software
- FamilySearch Catalog: Films can be ordered from any computer with Internet access (including at home) and available through the FamilySearch Catalog ~always check first to see if it is already on indefinite loan at the Afton Wyoming Family History Center
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: --
Orders can only be paid for with Visa, Mastercard, or Pay Pal account and a FamilySearch Center must be identified to receive your film/fiche Click here to Order
This Library has a generous collection of local family genealogies and histories, organized collections, and other records that contain genealogical information and welcomes a copy of your own family history. Sorry, these books, magazines and papers are not to be loaned~but can be enjoyed in the quiet comfort of the great Reading Room
FHC Portal We provide FREE access to genealogical subscription websites on each of the MANY Library's computers
Hardware and Equipment
Hardware and Equipment @ Afton Wyoming Family History Center
- computers, microfilm readers, microfiche readers, printers, copiers, flatbed and sheet feed scanners
Be prepared to write down sources or to capture what you find.
Be mindful of copyright infringement. There is a small use fee for anything you decide to print
Staff Research Specialties
Do you know?
We have over 50 trained consultants that volunteer at the center to help guests with their research
Staff Specialists are knowledgeable & readily available to:
Help you get registered and get started.
- Provide answers to your questions
- Direct you to the appropriate classroom or staff member
- Assist you in registering for classes and with Center equipment
- Phone: 307-885-7668
Resources in Local Area of Star Valley, Wyoming & the World beyond ~
Build Your Family Tree While Discovering Your Family History
Volunteer at the Center
Volunteer at the Afton Wyoming Family History Center!
- We're always looking for a new friendly face, no matter what faith or creed or nationality.
- Come meet like minded others. Build some lasting friendships and come celebrate life!
“Spiritual connections . . . are formed when a young woman helps her grandmother enter family information into a computer or when a young man sees the name of his great-grandfather on a census record. When our hearts turn to our ancestors, something changes inside us. We feel part of something greater than ourselves.” Russell M. Nelson
Please Respect the wishes of this staff and leave the editing of this page to us.