Alabama, United States Genealogy
|Alabama Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Alabama ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Alabama became the twenty-second state to be admitted to the United States on December 14, 1819. Before it came into the Union it was in the Alabama Territory. Alabama is located in the southeast region of the United States.
Getting Started with Alabama Research
Links to articles on getting started with Alabama research.
Alabama Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Alabama research.
Alabama Clickable Map
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
Alabama Migration Routes
FamilySearch ResourcesBelow are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
- Cyndi's List - Alabama genealogy sites on the internet
- Alabama Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of Alabama
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Alabama
- Alabama Genealogy History Guide – Genealogy Guide for Alabama
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for Alabama genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Alabama
- Alabama Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out-of-date links
- Wikipedia contributors, "Alabama" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alabama (accessed 9 March 2016).