Alberta For Further Reading
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Canadian Almanac & Directory. Copp Clark Pitman: Toronto, 1984-0000 (FHL no 971 E4ca).
- Encyclopedia Canadiana. Canadians Co.: Ottawa, 1957 (FHL no. 030.71 En19).
- Jonasson, Eric. The Canadian Genealogical Handbook. 2nd ed. Winnipeg: Wheatfield Press, 1978. Indexed (FHL no. 971 D27j 1978).
- Provincial Archives of Alberta. Alberta's Documentary Heritage. Provincial Archives of Alberta Information Leaflet no. 2., 1981.
- Provincial Archives of Alberta. Church Archives at the Provincial Archives of Alberta. Provincial Archives of Alberta Information Leaflet no. 12., 1984.
- Provincial Archives of Alberta. Sources of Ethno- Cultural Information at the Provincial Archives of Alberta. Provincial Archives of Alberta Information Leaflet no. 6., 1983.
- Provincial Government of Alberta. Annual Report 1899. pp. 78–79.
- The United Church of Canada. Yearbook 1984. Toronto, 1984.
- Alberta: Index to Registration of Births, Marriages and Deaths 1870 to 1905. Volume I. Edmonton Branch, Alberta Genealogical Society, Edmonton, Alberta, 1995.
- Cimetière St.-Paul Cemetery 1897-1926. Musée Historique St. Paul Historical Museum, St. Paul, Alberta.
- Dempsey, Hugh A., (ed) The Rundle Journals: 1840-1848. Historical Society of Alberta and Glenbow-Alberta Institute, 1977.
- Genealogical Resources in the Edmonton Area. Edmonton Branch, Alberta Genealogical Society, Edmonton, Alberta, 1991.
- Holmgreb, Eric J. and Holmgren Patricia M., 2000 Place Names of Alberta. Modern Press Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, c. 1972.
- Lemieux, Victoria and Leonard, David, Tracing Your Ancestors in Alberta. Lemieux/Leonard Research Associates, Edmonton, Alberta, 1992.
- Lethbridge Genealogical Resources. Lethbridge and District Branch, AGS, 1988. Shows the institutions in the Lethbridge areas and the genealogy resources they have available.
- Marshalsay, Barbara and Wheeler, Margaret ed. Lethbridge News and Macleod Gazette 1882-1900: A Subject and Biographical Index. MW Associates, Library and Information Services, Lethbridge, Alberta, 1981.
- Mychajlunow, Lorraine and Stotyn, Keith, A Guide to the Archives of the United Church, Alberta and Northwest Conference. 1991. Includes microfiche file list.
- Owens, Brian M. & Roberto, Claude, M. Guide to the Records of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate–Province of Alberta-Saskatchewan. The Missionary Oblates, Edmonton, Alberta, 1989.
- Parker, Harry, List of Cities, Towns and Villages in Alberta. 1996. This small publication, at the Alberta Genealogical Society Library, lists communities in Alberta in alphabetical order and gives direction for finding them: highway, kilometers, postal codes, and population. Major highways are listed with the communities along each route.
- Proof of Age Documents in Alberta: A Surname Index: 1863-1969. Documentary Heritage Society of Alberta in cooperation with the Provincial Archives of Alberta, 1998.
- Strathern, Gloria M., Alberta Newspapers 1880-1982: An Historical Directory.
- Wheeler, Margaret and Ellis, Greg ed., Lethbridge News 1901-1906 and Lethbridge Herald 1905-1918 A Subject and Biographical Index. The Archives of the Sir Alexander Museum, City of Lethbridge, Alberta, c 1987.
- Borgstede, Arlene. "Alberta Bibliography 2 (National Institute)," National Institute for Genealogical Studies (2012), https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Alberta_Bibliography_2_%28National_Institute%29.