Albuquerque New Mexico West Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
This Family History Center is open five days of the week, with few exceptions.
- 1 2017 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Class Schedule
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
2017 Center Contacts and Hours
- 4500 Seven Bar Loop Rd NW, Albuquerque, NM, 87110
- Located on the corner of Ellison Drive and Seven Bar Loop Road
- Access to the FH Center is through entrance doors on the West side of the building.
- If outer door is locked, please ring bell found at upper right of door.
- Language: English
- 1-505-898-7583 Please call before coming to verify that staff is in.It would be our pleasure to assist you to meet your specific family history needs.
- Monday: 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Closed the 1st Sunday evening of each month.
Holiday Schedule 2017
Closed all major holidays as follows: Father's Day June 16; Independence Day July 4; Labor Day September 4; Columbus Day October 9; Veteran's Day November 10; Thanksgiving November 22-26; Christmas December 20-January 3.
Join us every 2nd Wednesday from 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m and 2nd Saturday from 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. for a monthly class. For topics, check out our Facebook page.
Visit our WEBSITE:
Look for us on Facebook too.
Staff and Temple and Family History Consultants Training Meetings
Generally the 2nd Wednesday evening (7 p.m.) and 2nd Saturday morning (9 a.m.) of each month. Call for more details.
- Microfilm records from all New Mexican and some Arizonan Native American tribes
- A permanent collection of over 2,000 microfilms and fiche and hundreds of books
- Acadian-Cajun Family Trees
- Compendium of New England Pioneers
- Family Archives: Immigrants to America
- 705 Genealogical Library Books
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
"FHC Portal" The Family History Center Portal page located at this center gives free access to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions, including:
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Access Newspaper Archive - the world's largest online newspaper archive
- Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War: research database, letters & diaries, photographs; Women and Social Movements in the U.S., 1600-2000.
- Ancestry.com - Institution Version
- ArkivDigital Online - Swedish church, court, & estate inventory historical documents
- Create your "Who Do You Think You Are?" story - free
- Find My Past - Institution Version - like Ancestry.com, with special focus on the United Kingdom
- Fold3.com (formerly footnote.com) - contains millions of military historical documents and photos
- The Genealogist -
- Godfrey Memorial Library - extensive resource collection of vital, church, cemetery, funeral, newspaper, bible records & more focusing on New England families & history, featuring the American Genealogical Biographical Index (AGBI).
- Heritage Quest Online - collection of American federal census records, local & family histories, published genealogies, historical books, Revolutionary War records, Freedman's Bank records, Periodical Source Index (PERSI), & Lexis Nexis U.S. Serial set.
- Historic Map Works - Library Edition
- Legacy Stories - stories link to FamilySearch
- My Heritage - Library Edition
- Paper Trail - 19th century American migration documents
- ProQuest Obituary Listings - offers more than 10.5 million obituaries & death notices in full image format from historical archives of top newspapers
- World Vital Records - access to birth, marrriage, and death records, plus much more
- Legacy Basic (2 computers)
- AncestralQuest (2 computers)
- Rootsmagic (2 computers)
Hardware and Equipment
- Internet access on six computers
- Two printers
- One multi-function printer
- Two microfilm readers
- One microfiche reader
- One Minolta microfilm/fiche copier
- FamilySearch Family Tree
- Guidance with other genealogical programs
- Scanning of photographs and documents directly into FamilySearch or onto a user supplied thumb drive
- Microfilm/microfiche ordering, viewing, and printing
- My Family Booklet - capture & preserve your family story. Hand written copies can be transferred online or enter information online directly with FHC staff assistance
Resources in the Local Area
Albuquerque New Mexico Genealogy Center Main Library at 501 Copper Avenue NW (see link below).
Volunteer at the Center
We are in need of volunteers for day and evening sessions. If you have the time and inclination, we will train you. If interested in this opportunity, contact us at: email@example.com for further information. You do not need to be LDS to work in the library.