Amalga, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches
Church Units and Boundaries, 1941
Amalga, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches:
Information about the wards and branches in this locality, including boundaries and creation dates of wards, can be found in the following book:
- Encyclopedic History of the Church. By Andrew Jenson. Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941. Pages 18-19. Online at: BYU Books, From the list on the right side of the screen, click on the first letter of the locality, locate the page number listed in this citation. Also available through Ancestry - ($).
- Amalga Ward covers fertile farming area surrounding a sugar factory. West bank of Bear River, about 3 miles west of Smithfield and 9 miles southwest of Richmond.
Stake(s): Benson Stake, Utah
Obtain the Records
- List of Records. of Amalga, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches in the FamilySearch Library.
- For later records and additional resources, see Church History Library
History Timeline to 1941
This timeline (arranged by year) includes events that affected records, record-keeping, and movements of Mormons in this area.
- 1918, March 10. Organized from parts of Smithfield 1st and 2nd Wards and from parts of Trenton and Newton Wards.
Other History Resources
Many wards or branches appointed members to compile a history. Copies may be in the ward library or in homes of members. Some contain biographical sketches of members of the ward at the time of compilation.