American Fork Utah Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The American Fork Family History Center supports the following Stakes: American Fork, American Fork West, American Fork Central and Hillcrest. The Family History Center is open to the public, who are invited to use the resources free of charge.
Anyone interested in learning more about their family history, including doing research to find ancestors, are welcome and encouraged to come to the center. The Center is open to the public. We welcome all!
Please sign in at the computer at the front desk when arriving. At the end of your visit we ask that you please sign out also. We are tracking the number of temple ordinances prepared on this same computer. Temple and Family History Consultants can help you with this process.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Training
- 7 Links
- 8 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 110 E Main St American Fork UT 84003 United States
- Use the doors on the east side of the Tabernacle. Enter on the lower level.
Stake TFH Consultant - center:
- LaDawn J. Carter
- Assistant - Bruce E. Carter
- Sunday: 4:30pm - 7pm (Closed Fast Sunday, 1st Sunday)
- Monday: 9am - 5pm
- Tuesday: 9am - 9pm
- Wednesday: 9am - 5pm
- Thursday: 9am - 5pm
- Friday: 9am - 5pm
- Saturday: Closed
Holiday Schedule: 2017
- General Conference: Saturday, April 1- Sunday, April 2
- Mothers Day: Sunday, May 14
- Tabernacle Cleaning: Thursday, May 25
- Memorial Day: Sunday, May 28 - Monday, May 29
- Fathers Day: Sunday, June 18
- Independence Day; Tuesday, July 4
- Steel Days Week: Wednesday, July 5 - Saturday, July 15
- Pioneer Day: Tuesday, July 24
- Labor Day: Sunday, September 3 - Monday, September 4
- General Conference: Saturday, October 7 - Sunday, October 8
- Tabernacle Cleaning: Tuesday, November 21
- Thanksgiving: Wednesday, November 22 - Friday, November 24
- Christmas and New Years Holiday: Monday, December 24 - Monday, January 1, 2018
Calendar and Events
"Memories" by Maggie Richards
- Wednesday, May 17, 1:00 pm.
- Learn how to preserve those valuable pictures and stories. Sister Richards has taught classes at BYU, Roots Tech and many other training locations. We are happy to have her come to the Tabernacle to share her knowledge with us.
"Memories" by Maggie Richards
- Sunday evening, May 21, 6:00 pm.
- This is a repeat class for those who were unable to attend the class taught on May 17th.
"Cemetery Searching" by Barbara Craft
- Discover how to search for your ancestors in cemeteries, what to take with you and how to clean their tombstones. This can be a fun and spiritual experience for your whole family and can be a fun family reunion activity.
- Sister Craft and her daughter, Sister Pam Pettingill took a 30 day trip to Arkansas to search for thier ancestors and she will share some do's and don'ts for your success.
All patrons and Family History Center staff are invited to attend these classes.
The classes will be held in the American Fork Family History Center.
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Windows 7 Desktop Computers (21)
- Lexmark Model: MS510dn - Laser Printer (1)
- Lexmark Model: T652dn - Laser Copier (B&W only) (2)
- Cannon Model: CanoScan LIDE 60 - Flatbed scanner (1)
- Konica Minolta Model: MS6000 MKII - Digital Microfilm/Fiche Scanner (1)
- Northwest Microfilm 2020 Readers (2)
- Video Projector, Sony Model VPL-CS7(1)
- USB Floppy Disk Drive Unit (3 1/2" Disk) (1)
- Both wired and wireless internet is available in the building. Personal laptops are welcome.
Staff Research Specialties
Our volunteers can help with questions about FamilySearch.org, Ancestry.com, the FamilySearch Research Wiki and other online resources.
We can help you get started with FamilySearch Indexing.
Resources in the Local Area
Family History Websites
Volunteer at the Center
We are looking for individuals with computer skills and that are familiar with FamilySearch.org and Family History.
Please contact the temple and family history consultant - center for further information.
LaDawn J. Carter at 801-361-0293 or Bruce Carter at 801-361-2711.