Ampney St Peter, Gloucestershire Genealogy
Guide to Ampney, Gloucestershire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Ampney St Peter, Gloucestershire|
|Hundred||Crowthorne and Minty|
|Poor Law Union||Cirencester|
|Parish registers: 1599|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1613|
|Diocese||Pre 1836 - Gloucester; Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Gloucestershire Record Office|
AMPNEY, or Easington (St. Peter), a parish,in the union of Cirencester, hundred of Crowthorne and Minety, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 4¼ miles (E. by S.) from Cirencester. This parish is situated on the London road. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Ampney St Peter, Gloucestershire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC = Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials (Ancestry) - (£)|
|FHSO = FHSOnline - (£)|
|Ampney St Peter, Gloucestershire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288768.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Gloucestershire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 53-58. Date accessed: 09 April 2013.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1813,' Ancestry, accessed 16 June 2016.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1913,' Ancestry, accessed 22 June 2016.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Marriages, 1754-1938,' Ancestry, accessed 20 June 2016.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Burials, 1813-1988,' Ancestry, accessed 24 June 2016.
- 'Coverage for the Gloucestershire Marriages database,' FHS Online, accessed 5 May 2014.
Add any additional relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.