Anniston Alabama Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map: Location map
Address: 1217 W Lenlock Ln Anniston, AL 36206
- Wednesday: 6:00pm-9:00pm
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Saturday: 9:00am-12:00pm
- To make an appointment for other times, please contact the temple and family history consultant - center at 256-820-5828.
- Closed Christmas week.
- We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness. Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc. We have 1127 microfilm onsite.
- Book Collection: --
We have county Records for:
Calhoun County, Alabama Cemetery Marriage 1864-1895 Selected abstracts of deed records, 1865-1880
Cherokee County, Alabama Marriage 1872-1905 Federal mortality schedule 1860-1880
Cleburne County, Alabama Cemetery Marriage 1867-1893 Wills and inventories 1868-1884 Federal mortality schedule 1870-1880
Randolph County, Alabama Birth register 1886-1895 Death register 1886-1895
Talledega County, Alabama Marriage 1833-1876 Federal mortality schedule 1880 Court orders 1856-1862
History of Weaver, Alabama by James Mitchell Brown, published by the Weaver Historical Committee, 1994
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 6 stations available with 1 station directly tied to Microfilm reader, 2 Printers (1 Printer is wireless)
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)