Atascadero California Family History Center
The Atascadero Family History Center is located at 2600 Ramona Road, in Atascadero, Ca. The center is dedicated to providing education and support for the family history community in the area.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours:
- 2 Upcoming Events:
- 3 SLO Family Discovery Day
- 4 Schedule of free classes and events:
- 5 The Atascadero Family History Center will be hosting a Family History Booth during Colony Days
- 6 Class Schedule:
Center Contacts and Hours:
2600 Ramona Road, Atascadero, CA 93422 United States
The entrance to the family history center is located on the North side of the building.
Please ring doorbell for entrance to the center. Handicap parking is available.
- Language: English / Sundays: Spanish
- Monday: 10:00am-4:00pm
- Tuesday: 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Wednesday: 10:00am-1:00pm
- Thursday: 10:00am-4:00pm
Closed the following dates:
SLO Family Discovery Day
Schedule of free classes and events:
For new and upcoming BYU Conferences and Workshops go to:
BYU Family History Conferences
The Atascadero Family History Center will be hosting a Family History Booth during Colony Days
More info to follow.
- Introduction to familysearch and Indexing classes are held every Wednesday of the month: from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Staff Training Meetings:
All inservice meetings will be held in the Relief Society Room:
- This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog at https://familysearch.org
- You may also order from your home through the family search portal listed below under Databases and Software.
- The Atascadero Family History Center has a small collection of various resource books and private collections that are available for viewing in the center.
Databases and Software
- familysearch.org This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions, included are the following:
- The 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Access Newspaper Archive
- Alexander Street Press ~ The American Civil War
- Ancestry.com (Family History Library Edition ~ includes International databases)
- Find My Past
- Fold3 (Formerly Footnote.com)
- The Genealogist
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Heritage Quest Online
- Historic Map Works Library Edition
- Paper Trail
- World Vital Records
- You may also access the Family History Center portal for other related family history research option from your home computer, however, you will not be able to access the free premiums.
Training is available on the website and at the Family History Center.
- See link below
Hardware and Equipment
- The center has 9 computers, 5 microfilm readers, 1 microfiche reader, 1 scanner, 1 copy/printer machine, and 1 printer.
Resources in the Local Area