Austria, Tirol, Innsbruck, Sankt Jakob Parish Register Index (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Austria, Tirol, Innsbruck, Sankt Jakob Parish Register Index, 1578-1970 .
- 1 Title in the Language of the Record
- 2 What is in the Collection?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search the Collection?
- 5 For Help Reading the Records
- 6 Tips to Keep in Mind
- 7 What if I Can't Find Who I'm Looking For?
- 8 Other Searches
- 9 Related Websites
- 10 Related Wiki Articles
- 11 How You Can Contribute
- 12 Citing this Collection
Title in the Language of the Record
Österreich, Tirol, Innsbruck, Sankt Jakob Kirchenbuch Index, 1578-1970
What is in the Collection?
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Austria, Tirol, Innsbruck...Register Index, 1578-1970.|
The collection consists of indexes to baptisms, marriages, and deaths in the parish of Sankt Jakob, Innsbruck, Tirol. The original index volumes are located in the Innsbruck City Archives, Austria. The records spans the years from 1578 to 1970.
The parish is named after the dome of the cathedral: St. Jakob. The cathedral itself is named the Cathedral of St. James. The church became of of the most significant religious sites in Austria, and has been a site of worship since 1180.
|This image needs a translation.You can help by adding an English translation of the image. (Instructions)|
Baptism Records usually include:
- Date and Place of Baptism
- Parents' Names
- Date and Place of Birth
- Name of Godparents
Marriage Records usually include:
- Date and Place of Marriage
- Groom's Age, Occupation and Residence
- Bride's Age, Occupation and Residence
- Name of Groom's Parents
- Name of Bride's Parents
Death Records usually include:
- Date and Place of Death and Burial
- Name and Age of Deceased
- Cause of Death
- Marital Status of Deceased
How Do I Search the Collection?
This section provides information on how to search the collection, what to do with information once found, some tips on how to find records, and what to do if no record is found.
As you are searching it is helpful to know such information as your ancestor's given name and surname, some identifying information such as residence, age, estimated [event] year, and family relationships.
To browse by image:
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒Select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒Select the "Quellengattung, Zeitraum, und Bandnummer" category which takes you to the images
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
For Help Reading the Records
These records are in German. For help with reading the records, see the following wiki article:
Tips to Keep in Mind
- Use the estimated age to calculate a birth date.
- When looking for a person who had a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct.
- Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name as your ancestor and that your ancestor may have used nicknames or different names at different times.
- Titles may be clues to property ownership, occupations, rank, or status within the community.
What if I Can't Find Who I'm Looking For?
- Check for variant spellings of the names.
- Search the original records page by page.
- Search the records of other areas within Austria (Vienna, Linz, Wels, etc.).
|FHL Place Austria, Tirol, Innsbruck items or FHL Keyword Austria, Tirol, Innsbruck items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog.|
- Austrian Genealogy
- Austrian Family History
- The The Three R's of Researching Roman Catholic Church Records
- Diözesanarchiv St.Pölten
Related Wiki Articles
- Austria Church Records
- Austria Births and Baptisms (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Austria Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Austria Burials (FamilySearch Historical Records)
How You Can Contribute
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing this Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- "Austria, Tirol, Innsbruck, Sankt Jakob Parish Register Index, 1578-1970" Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2016. Citing Innsbruck City Archives.
|The image citation is available by clicking on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen. You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Austria, Tirol, Innsbruck...Register Index, 1578-1970.|