Babylon, New York
See Huntington for early records.
Suffolk Historic Newspapers provides access to:
- Sag Harbor NY Express 1862-1975
- Sag Harbor NY Express 1885-1898
- Sag Harbor NY Corrector 1827-1911
- South Side Signal (Babylon)1869-1879
Archives, Libraries and Museums
Babylon Town Clerk
200 East Sunrise Highway
Lindenhurst, NY 11757
The Town Clerk maintains birth, marriage and Death records.
Babylon Town Historian
Robert Mills Smith
151 Phelps Lane
North Babylon, NY 11703
To locate additional published and transcribed records for Babylon, New York check:
- Gordon L. Remington, New York Towns, Villages, and Cities: A Guide to Genealogical Sources (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002). American Ancestors online edition; At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974.7 D27r. Alphabetical list including date founded, if a town history exists, church and cemetery sources, and if a Civil War register (TCR) exists. The codes used under Church and Cemetery are defined in the link above the listing of towns, cities and villages.