Baconsthorpe, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Baconsthorpe, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Erpingham|
|Parish registers: 1676|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Baconsthorpe St Mary is an Ancient Parish in the Ingworth deanery of the Diocese of Norwich.
BACONSTHORPE (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Erpingham, hundred of South Erpingham, E. division of Norfolk, 3½ miles (E. S. E.) from Holt. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Erpingham 1837-1938
- North Walsham 1939-1974
- The Register Office, 18 Kings Arms Street, North Walsham, NR28 9JX.
Tel/Fax: 01692 406220. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Baconsthorpe, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Baconsthorpe, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Browse Bishop's Transcript Images on FamilySearch
- 1698 Image 10
- 1705-1706 Image 361
- 1705-1706 Image 362
- 1709 Image 1130
- 1715-1716 Image 1179
- 1715-1716 Image 1180
- 1722 Image 16
- 1722-1723 Image 17
Link to the FamilySearch Catalogue showing the film numbers in their collection Baconsthorpe
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 334
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438854.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Baconsthorpe on GenUKI
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- Lewis, Samuel S.,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 124-128. Date accessed: 29 August 2013
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 24 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 15 April 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Church of England Bishops' Transcripts Parish Search/Baconsthorpe', FamilySearch Wiki, accessed 11 April 2016.