|Bahamas Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Bahamas ancestry, family history, and genealogy Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
The Bahamas is an island country in the Caribbean whose nearest neighbors are Cuba, Haiti, the Dominican Republic, Turks and Caicos Islands, and Florida in the United States. It was formerly a colony of Great Britain. The official language is English.
Getting Started with Bahamas Research
Links to articles on getting started with Bahamas research.
Bahamas Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Bahamas research.
Genealogy records are kept on the local level in the Bahamas.
Genealogy records are kept on the local level in the Bahamas. Click on a place below to go to the corresponding Wiki article listing more information.
England 1645, Spain 1684, England 1694, pirates from Spain and France 1703, Great Britain 1708. Independent 1973.
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records
- Family History Center locator map
- Wikipedia contributors, "The Bahamas," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bahamas, accessed 17 May 2016.
- Christina K. Schaefer, Genealogcial Encyclopedia of the Colonial Americas: a Complete Digest of the Records of All the Countries of the Western Hemisphere (Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Publishing, 1998), 127. WorldCat 39622039; FHL Ref Book 929.11812 D26s.