Ballston, New York
|Ballston, New York|
Location in Saratoga County, New York
Saratoga County, New York's location in the state of New York
|Address|| 323 Charlton Rd|
Ballston Spa, NY, 12020
See Town of Ballston website for a brief history and directories.
- Ballston Spa Village Cemetery
- Briggs Cemetery
- Burnt Hills Baptist Church Cemeterynow known as Hillside Cemetery Association
- Burnt Hills Calvary Episcopal Cemetery
- Crapo Cemetery
- Frazure Cemetery
- Hubbell Cemetery There are three cemeteries on this web site.
- McDonald Cemetery There are three cemeteries on this web site.
- St. Mary's Cemetery in the village of Ballston Spa
- 1877-1930 - Wooton, Irena M.D. "Records of St. John's Church, East Line, Town of Ballston, Saratoga County, New York," The New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, Vol. 116, No. 3 (Jul. 1985):164-167; Vol. 116, No. 4 (Oct. 1985):228-236; Confirmations 1877-1930, Marriages 1878-1912, Baptisms 1916-1930: Vol. 117, No. 1 (Jan. 1986):34-38, 43-45, 47; Burials 1880-1918: Vol. 117, No. 2 (Apr. 1986):76-79. Digital version at New York Family History ($); FHL Book 974.7 B2n v. 116-117.
- 1931-1944 - Wooton, Irena M.D. "Records of St. John's Mission, Diocese of Albany, East Line, Ballston Spa, New York," The New York Genealogical and Biographical Record, Communicants 1930s-1940s, Baptisms 1931-1942, Confirmations 1931-1943, Marriages 1940-1941, Burials 1930-1944: Vol. 117, No. 3 (Jul. 1986):140-145. Digital version at New York Family History ($); FHL Book 974.7 B2n v. 117.
Genealogical Resources: History of Ballston, NY
Archives, Libraries and Museums
Genealogical Resources:Collections: Local history, directories, family histories, church and newspaper records.
Genealogical Resources: The Historian may provide access to obituaries, vital records, church records, maps, and family files or journals. Some historians provide search services for their office records and others may refer you to local genealogists who research in the area.
Ballston Spa Genealogy Club
Ballston Spa Library
21 Milton Ave
Ballston Spa, NY 12020
Phone: (518) 885-5022
Genealogical Resources: The Town Clerk has the records of birth, death, or marriage for the town.
To locate additional published and transcribed records for Ballston, New York check:
- Gordon L. Remington, New York Towns, Villages, and Cities: A Guide to Genealogical Sources (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002). American Ancestors online edition; At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974.7 D27r. Alphabetical list including date founded, if a town history exists, church and cemetery sources, and if a Civil War register (TCR) exists. The codes used under Church and Cemetery are defined in the link above the listing of towns, cities and villages.
- Central New York Genealogical Society at http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nycnygs/index.htm (accessed 1 November 2011).