Baltimore Maryland Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 120 Stemmers Run Rd, Baltimore, MD 21221
- Language: English
- Tuesday: 10:00 am-4:00 pm
- Thursday: 10:00 am-4:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am-1:00 pm
- Please, always call before coming, 410-686-8481
- Holiday Schedule:
- Closed 1st weekend in Apr/Oct for General Conference.
Calendar and Events
- Temple and Family History Consultant Boot Camp Fourth Tuesday of every month, 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm This is basic training for new and existing T & FH Consultants. The class is two hours of instruction on the responsibilities of this calling. There will be a limit of 6 attendees and space must be reserved by contacting Michael King at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Family History Workshop Saturday, Oct 14, 2017 (Day long event and class information will be forthcoming.)
These classes are offered monthly 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm in the order listed, repeating every 8 weeks.
There will be a limit of 10 attendees and space must be reserved by contacting Michael King at email@example.com. Classes offered in Spanish by request.
|Class 1||Getting Organized to Do Family History|
|Class 2||FamilySearch/Descendancy: Using the Tips|
|Class 3||FamilySearch/Memories: Adding Photos and Stories, Linking to Family Tree|
|Class 4||FamilySearch/Temple: Reserving and Sharing Names|
|Class 5||FamilySearch/Search: Find, Search, Search Wiki and Messaging|
|Class 6||FamilySearch/Tree: Adding and Changing Names, Places, and Correcting Problems|
|Class 7||FamilySearch/Basics: Getting and Using My Free Ancestry Account, and Intro to Other Family History Apps|
|Class 8||FamilySearch/Basics: Obtaining an Account, Logging On, and Basic Menus|
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: Local, state and national records
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Two computers, one high speed scanner, printer, four microfilm readers, one microfiche reader
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)