Bathwick with Woolley, Somerset Genealogy
Guide to Bathwick with Woolley, Somerset ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Bathwick with Woolley, Somerset|
Bathwick St Mary Bath
|Poor Law Union||Bath|
|Parish registers: 1668; Separate registers exist for Woolley beginning 1560|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1598; Separate records exist for Woolley beginning 1606|
|Diocese||Bath and Wells|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Bath and Wells (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Somerset Record Office|
BATHWICK, a parish, in the union of Bath, hundred of Bath-Forum, E. division of Somerset. The city of Bath, from is separated by the river Avon.
Bathwick with Woolley St Mary is an Ancient Parish in the county of Somerset. Other places in the parish include: Woolley.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Bath Civil Registration District has a complete index of civil registration from 1837-2007 online through the volunteer effort of Bath BMD,England Marriage registrations post 2007 are added as index become available. There are detailed content tables available.
Bathwick St Mary parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BATHWICK PARISH Online Records|
Bathwick St John parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BATHWICK ST JOHN PARISH Online Records|
Woolley parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|WOOLLEY PARISH Online Records|
Church records on microfilm
Somerset Online Parish Clerks
Contributor include here any information about the transcripts for the parish and links to the Online Parish Clerk material.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474593.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Lewis, Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848. Adapted. Date accessed: 12 September 2013.
- 'Somerset, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1531-1812,' Ancestry, accessed 26 July 2016.
- 'Somerset, England, Baptisms, 1813-1913,' Ancestry, accessed 26 July 2016.
- 'Somerset, England, Marriage Registers, Bonds and Allegations, 1754-1914,' Ancestry, accessed 26 July 2016.
- 'Somerset, England, Church of England Burials, 1813-1914,' Ancestry, accessed 26 July 2016.
- 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 3 February 2014.
- 'Somerset Marriages', findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 30 April 2014.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 17 October 2013.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
Contributor: add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.