Beaufort South Carolina Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Beaufort South Carolina Family History Center serves the residents of Port Royal Island (City of Beaufort, Town of Port Royal and unincorporated areas) and the nearby Sea Islands. Visitors to our beautiful area are also welcome to make an appointment to receive assistance at the center.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 703 Parris Island Gateway Beaufort SC 29906 United States
- To make an appointment for assistance, please contact a Temple and Family History Consultant:
- Elizabeth Irvine at 1-385-528-7683
- John Sova at 1-843-525-7668.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
Two new widescreen computers with connected printer; microfilm reader.
Assistance with starting or continuing family history research, particularly with using FamilySearch.