Beauregard Parish, Louisiana Genealogy
Guide to Beauregard Parish, Louisiana ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Beauregard Parish, Louisiana|
Location in the state of Louisiana
Location of Louisiana in the U.S.
|Founded||June 12, 1912|
|Address|| 201 First St |
DeRidder, LA 70634
- 1 Parish Information
- 2 Parish Courthouse
- 3 History
- 4 Places / Localities
- 5 Resources
- 5.1 Bible Records
- 5.2 Biographies
- 5.3 Cemeteries
- 5.4 Census
- 5.5 Church
- 5.6 Court
- 5.7 Land
- 5.8 Local Histories
- 5.9 Maps
- 5.10 Military
- 5.11 Newspapers
- 5.12 Obituaries
- 5.13 Probate
- 5.14 Schools
- 5.15 Taxation
- 5.16 Vital Records
- 6 Societies and Libraries
- 7 Websites
- 8 References
Beauregard Parish, Louisiana Record Dates
Beauregard Parish Courthouse
412 Mayeaux Drive
De Ridder, LA 70634-0310
Parish Clerk has marriage, divorce, probate, court and land records from 1913..
- French: Paroisse de Beauregard
- Named for Pierre Gustave Toutant Beauregard, a Confederate general in the Civil War and one of the designer of the Confederate Battle Flag.
For animated maps illustrating Louisiana Parish boundary changes, "Rotating Formation Louisiana Parish Boundary Maps" (1805-1990) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
There is no known history of courthouse disasters in this county.
Places / Localities
- City: DeRidder
- Town: Merryville
- Communities: Dry Creek . Field . Longville . Oretta . Ragley . Singer . Sugartown
Neighboring Parishes or Counties
- Beauregard Parish, Louisiana, Bible Records (USGenWeb Archives)
- Beauregard Parish, Louisiana, Biographies (Genealogy Trails)
- Index to Beauregard Parish, Louisiana, Biographies (USGenWeb Archives)
The following web sites may have additional information on Beauregard Parish cemeteries.
- Interment.net Louisiana cemetery records by Parish.
- African American Cemeteries ~ listing by county
1724 German Residents in the Louisiana 1724 Census. Names of German Habitants on both banks of the Mississippi above New Orleans. (Genealogy Trails) 1796 Louisiana Census. Enumeration of the families and inhabitants who are in Louisiana according to the census which has been made of them on August 1, 1706. (Genealogy Trails)
Church records and the information they provide vary significantly depending on the denomination and the record keeper. They may contain information about members of the congregation, such as age, date of baptism, christening, or birth; marriage information and maiden names; and death date. For general information about Louisiana denominations, view the Louisiana Church Records wiki page.
Land and property records can place an ancestor in a particular location, provide economic information, and reveal family relationships. Land records include: deeds, abstracts and indexes, mortgages, leases, grants and land patents.
See Louisiana Land and Property for additional information about early Louisiana land ownership. After land was transferred to private ownership, subsequent transactions were usually recorded at the county courthouse where records are also currently housed.
Local histories are available for Beauregard Parish, Louisiana Genealogy. County histories may include biographies, church, school and government history, and military information. For more information about local histories see the wiki page section Louisiana Local Histories.
- Maps of Louisiana (1805-1990)
- Family Maps of Beauregard Parish, Louisiana (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
- 1840 Census of Pensioners. A Census of Pensioners for Revolutionary or Military Services.. under The Act For Taking The Sixth Census, published by authority of an act of Congress, under the direction of the Secretary of State. (Genealogy Trails)
- 1861-1865 - Louisiana Civil War Service Records of Confederate Soldiers, 1861-1865 at FamilySearch — index
- 1861-1865 - Louisiana Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865 at FamilySearch — index
- 1878 - Pensions for Veterans for the Year 1878. Civil War and War of 1812. (Genealogy Trails)
- 1883 - Pensioners on the Rolls as of January 1, 1883. (Genealogy Trails)
- 1898-1950 - Louisiana Confederate Pensions, 1898-1950 at FamilySearch — images
- Civil War Veteran Burials, Beauregard Parish (Genealogy Trails)
- Civil War Confederate Veteran Pensioners, Beauregard Parish (Genealogy Trails)
- Confederate Veterans of Civil War
- Confederate States of America Veterans
- Stores of Confederate States of America Veterans
- Confederate pension applications
- 1 BN 2 Regiment, Louisiana Volunteer Cavalry Scouts
World War I
- 1917-1918 - Louisiana World War I Service Records, 1917-1920 at FamilySearch — index and images
- World War I
- World War Draft Registration Cards
World War II
- 1940-1945 - Louisiana First Registration Draft Cards, compiled 1940-1945 at FamilySearch — index and images
- World War II Enlistments, Beauregard Parish, Louisiana (Genealogy Trails)
- Korean War Casualties, Beauregard Parish, Louisiana (Genealogy Trails)
- Vietnam War Casualties, Beauregard Parish, Louisiana (Genealogy Trails)
Additional newspapers abstracts can sometimes be found using search phrases such as Beauregard Parish, Louisiana Genealogy newspapers in online catalogs like:
- Obituaries and Death Records, Beauregard Parish, Louisiana (Genealogy Trails)
- Index to Beauregard Parish Obituaries (USGenWeb Archives)
Probate records before 1845 were kept in probate courts. Since 1845, they have been kept by the Beauregard Parish, Louisiana Genealogy clerk of the district court. Many of the probate records are included in the notarial records with the deeds and mortgages. In some parishes they are known as “succession” records.
See the Wiki page Louisiana Probate Records for more information about probate records in Louisiana.
Content: Probate records may give the decedent's date of death, names of his or her spouse, children, parents, siblings, in-laws, neighbors, associates, relatives, and their place of residence.
Record types: Wills, estates, guardianships, naturalizations, and adoptions.
Online Probate Records
- 1756 – 1984 Louisiana Wills and Probate Records 1756-1984 at Ancestry.com Ancestry.com — index and images $
- 1929 - DeRidder High School. Chronicles the the activities of the DeRidder High School graduating class of 1929. (Genealogy Trails)
Louisiana tax records can be used in place of missing censuses and provide lists of residents during years between censuses. There may be gaps of several years. For more information, see Louisiana Taxation.
Louisiana statewide registration of birth and death records began in 1911. Births and deaths are kept by the Louisiana Vital Records Registry. Marriages were recorded by each parish, and the records are at the parish clerk of court office. See also How to order Louisiana Vital Records or order electronically online.
See Louisiana Vital Records for more information on getting Louisiana records.
Louisiana Records and Statistics Information ~ where and how to order information.
- 1841-1860 - Beauregard Parish, Louisiana Births (Genealogy Trails)
- 1837-1957 - Louisiana, Parish Marriages, 1837-1957 at FamilySearch — index and images
- Beauregard Parish, Louisiana, Marriage Announcements (Genealogy Trails)
- 1913-1920 - Beauregard Parish, Louisiana, Death Records (Genealogy Trails)
- Index to Beauregard Parish, Louisiana, Death Records (Genealogy Trails)
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
Family history centers provide one-on-one assistance and free access to premium genealogical websites. In addition, many centers have free how-to genealogy classes. See family history center for more information. Search the online FHC directory for a nearby family history center.
- Beauregard Parish, LA History, Records, Facts and Genealogy
- Louisiana Genealogy Network Community on Google+
- Louisiana Genealogy Network Group on Facebook
- FamilySearch.org FamilySearch Catalog for Beauregard Parish.
- The Beauregard Parish LAGenWeb Project, an member of The LAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project, for Beauregard Parish.
- Beauregard Parish, Louisiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Genealogy Trails: Beauregard Parish, Louisiana
- Beauregard Parish Genealogy (LDS Genealogy)
- Alice Eichholz, Ancestry’s Red Book: American State, County and Town Sources, Revised ed. (Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1992), 264-278. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27rb 1992
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed., Beauregard Parish, Louisiana p. 289 (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).