Belvidere was charatered on November 4, 1791 by the Vermont State Legislature. The town of Belvidere contains the locations Belvidere Center, Belvidere Corners and Belvidere Junction. In 1963, part of Averys Gore in Franklin County became part of Belvidere, while the other part became part of Montgomery.
Inventory of the town, village and city archives of Vermont, no 8, Lamoille County, vol. I, town of Belvidere - view a digital version of this document online.
FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
Belvidere, Vermont Enrolled Militia Records, 1863-1867, are available on FamilySearch.
The probate district for Belvidere is Lamoille.
Lamoille Probate Court
154 Main St.
PO Box 570
Hyde Park, VT 05655
Phone: (802) 888-3306
The following is a list of major cemeteries in present-day Belvidere. For location of all cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont, Lamoille County, website at this link.
- Belvidere Center Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Burroughs Family Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
Belvidere, land records, 1888-1902, can be found on FamilySearch (browse only images).
The Family History Library has microfilm of original records from the Belvidere Town Clerk's Office. These include Vital records of Belvidere, Vermont, 1781-2000; indexes, 1860-1940, and Deeds, 1799-1888; index to land records, 1799-1962.
Belvidere Town Clerk
3996 Vermont 109
Belvidere Center, VT 05442
Libraries and Historical Societies
- About Belvidere, Vermont - http://www.virtualvermont.com/towns/belvidere.html#about
- Belvidere, Vermont - Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belvidere,_Vermont
- Belvidere, Vermont - http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vermont/LamoilleBelvidere.html