Benin, Census, 2002 and 2013 (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- 1 What is in the Collection?
- 2 Collection Contents
- 3 What Can this Collection Tell Me?
- 4 How Do I Search the Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing this Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in the Collection?
This collection will include population schedule records from the 2002 and 2013 Census of Benin housed in the Benin National Archives. The 2002 Benin Census was the third census taken in Benin to gather information about given households within the country.
|You will be able to browse through images in this collection when it is published.|
What Can this Collection Tell Me?
Census records may contain the following information:
- Family relationships
How Do I Search the Collection?
To browse by image:
⇒ Select the 'Department' category
⇒ Select the 'Commune' category
⇒ Select the 'Record Type and Years' category which takes you to the images.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
For Help Reading these Records
What Do I Do Next?
I Found Who I'm Looking For, What Now?
- Use the estimated age to calculate a birth date.
- Use use the families' names to verify that you've found the correct ancestor.
- The names of other family members could also be helpful when searching for other records.
- When looking for a person who had a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct.
I Can't Find Who I'm Looking For, What Now?
- Check for variant spellings of the names.
- Be aware that errors may have occurred in the original census or transcribed index.
|FHL Place Benin items or FHL Keyword Benin items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog.|
Citing this Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- "Benin, Census, 2002 and 2013." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2016. Citing Department of National Archives, Porto-Novo, Oueme.
|The image citation will be available once the collection is published.|
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.