Bennetts Creek Virginia Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 4759 Bennetts Pasture Rd Suffolk VA 23434 United States
- Tuesday: 10:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Other times by appointment
- The center will be closed for weather when schools are closed.
Holiday Schedule: we will be closed on the following dates:
July 4, 2017
December 26, 2017
January 2, 2018
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- We have a variety of books that might help with research in Alabama, North Carolina and Virginia. We also have Volumes 1 and 2 of the Index to Virginia Estates and a book of veterans of Historic Portsmouth Cedar Grove Cemetary.
Databases and Software
Hardware and Equipment
- The Bennetts Creek Family History center has internet access on four computers, three microfilm/ fische readers, and a printer that can scan photos and documents into your Family Search account. You are welcome to bring a digital camera to record digital images of your search results.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Suffolk Nansemond Historical Society
Suffolk Public Library System
Virginia Historical Society
428 North Boulevard
Richmond, Virginia 23220
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)