Bicknoller, Somerset Genealogy
Guide to Bicknoller, Somerset ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Hundred||Williton and Freemanners|
|Poor Law Union||Williton|
|Parish registers: 1557|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1605|
|Diocese||Bath and Wells|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Taunton|
|Location of Archive|
|Somerset Record Office|
BICKNOLLER, a parish, in the union of Williton, hundred of Williton and Freemanners, W. division of Somerset, 13 miles (N. W.) from Taunton.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Bicknoller, Somerset Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BICKNOLLER PARISH Online Records|
||1582-1640, 1677-1913|| |
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474607.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Lewis, Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Date accessed and adapted: 13 June 2013.
- 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 19 February 2014.
- 'Somerset Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 18 October 2013.
- 'Somerset Marriages', findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 30 April 2014.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 17 October 2013.
- Somerset Online Parish Clerks Genealogy, accessed 22 October 2013.
- West Somerset Parish Register Transcriptions, accessed 21 October 2013.
- E 179 Database, The National Archives, http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/e179/, accessed 8 August 2013.