Bischwiller, Bas-Rhin, France
The Counts of Palatinate-Zweibrücken-Birkenfeld bought Bischwiller in 1524 and it remained in their possession until the French Revolution.
From 1871-1919 Bischweiler was in Kreis Hagenau, Bezirk Unter=Elsaß, Deutsches Reich (Germany).
In 1919 Bischwiller was returned to France.
Les Archives départementales du Bas-Rhin is located at (sont situées au):
6 rue Philippe Dollinger 67100 Strasbourg
The new site can be accessed at this web address that has a search engine: Bas-Rhin Archives
Church records may be accessed through this portal at the Bas-Rhin Archives.
Civil records may be accessed through this portal at the Bas-Rhin Archives.
Census records may be accessed at the following portal at the Bas-Rhin Archives.
- 1819 population 4698