Bodham, Norfolk Genealogy
|Poor Law Union||Erpingham|
|Parish registers: 1708|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1601|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Bodham All Saints is an Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
The church has been extensively rebuilt in a series of renovations.
BODHAM (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Erpingham, hundred of Holt, W. division of Norfolk, 3¼ miles (E.) from Holt. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Erpingham 1837-1938
- North Walsham 1939-1974
- The Register Office, 18 Kings Arms Street, North Walsham, NR28 9JX.
Tel/Fax: 01692 406220. E-mail: email@example.com
Bodham, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Bodham, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
Browse Bishop's Transcript Images on FamilySearch
Norfolk Record Office PD 347/1-5
This parish's registers do not appear on Record Search as no microfilm for the parish is held
A search of the FamilySearch Catalogue indicates that the following Archdeacon's transcripts are on film but these have not yet been converted to digital images for publication
|Baptisms and burials, 1601-1608, 1623-1637 1666-1710, 1729-1812; Marriages, 1601-1608, 1626-1637 1666-1710, 1729-1810.|| FHL BRITISH Film |
1526777 Item 2
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438862.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Bodham on GenUKI
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- Lewis, Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 290-295. Date accessed 2 September 2013.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 24 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 24 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Church of England Bishops' Transcripts Parish Search/Bodham', FamilySearch Wiki, accessed 11 April 2016.