Bonham Texas Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
1540 S. Hwy 78, Bonham, TX The church building is located 2 miles south of the square on hwy
78. We are in the southeast corner of the building.
The Bonham Family History Center will be closed during icy or snowy road conditions; if the local schools are closed for bad weather or expecting a storm and closing in precaution, we will also be closed. No one will be available to place a note on the door.
Calendar and Events
Saturday Class Schedule & Handouts;
Please note that classes will be canceled if we have any ice or snow. You can call 903-294-8624 if you are unsure if we will be open. The decision will be made by 9:00 AM.
CLASS HANDOUTS WILL BE PUBLISHED SHORTLY BEFORE THE CLASSES. See Handouts below .
2016 Class Schedule;
- No class in December due to local Christmas activities.
2015 Class Handouts;
2015 -Internet Class Handout
February 2015 -Best Free Internet Links
September 2015- Church Records and Research
September 2015 Denison Internet Class handouts
Fannin County Research Links
Fannin County TXGenWebThe most comprehensive collection of Fannin County Genealogy on the web. The website contains the most complete cemetery informaton for Fannin County on the web.
Center Resources & Collections
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog. You may do this yourself through the FamilySearch Catalog and have it come to the Bonham Family History Center.
- We have some very good Fannin Co., TX information; including local family and town histories connected with Fannin Co., TX. and most of the Fannin County microfilms found in the catalog on hand in the Bonham Family History Center.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have several computers, scanning equipment and digital microfilm/microfiche reader copier. As well as one conventional microfilm reader and a microfiche reader.
Staff Research Specialties
We will be glad to do lookups in local records that we have on microfilm, as well as in the local books we own, time permitting. Please email your request: TX_Bonham@ldsmail.net
(We do not do your research for you, only check on specific records and in local history books)
Volunteer at the Center: TX_Bonham@ldsmail.net