|Botswana Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Botswana ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, parish registers, and military records.
Getting Started with Botswana Research
Links to articles on getting started with Botswana research.
Botswana Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Botswana research.
Genealogy records are kept on the local level in Botswana. Districts:
Genealogy records are kept on the local level in Botswana.
- Central District
- Francistown Town Council
- Gaborone Town Council
- Ghanzi District
- Jwaneng Town Council
- Kgalagadi District
- Kgatleng District
- Kweneng District
- Lobatse Town Council
- Northeast District
- Northwest District
- Selebi-Pikwe Town Council
- Southeast District
- Southern District
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records
- Family History Center locator map
- 1690-2011 - South Africa, Dutch Reformed Church Records (Stellenbosch Archive), 1690-2011 at FamilySearch — index and images
- Wikipedia contributors, "Botswana," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botswana, accessed 4 May 2016.