Brazil, Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Cemetery Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
2137269 Brazil, Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Cemetery Records, 1897-2012 .
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Minas Gerais, Brazil|
|Flag of the Federative Republic of Brazil|
|Location of Minas Gerais, Brazil|
|Title in the Language:||Brasil, Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Registros de Cemitérios Municipais|
|City Hall of Belo Horizonte|
- 1 What is in the Collection?
- 2 Collection Content
- 3 How Do I Search the Collection?
- 4 What do I do Next?
- 5 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
- 6 Citing this Collection
What is in the Collection?
The collection contains cemetery records from the four municipal cemeteries in Belo Horizonte: Bonfim, Consolação, Paz, and Saudade from 1897-2012.
The records are written in Portuguese; see the section "For Help Reading these Records" for access to translation helps.
Additional images will be published as they become available.
To Browse this Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Brazil, Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Cemetery Records, 1897-2012.|
Cemetery records may include:
- Name, age, and gender of the deceased
- Marital status/name of spouse
- Children's names
- Cause of death
- Cemetery name (place of burial)
- Date of burial
- Plot location
How Do I Search the Collection?
As you are searching, it is helpful to know such information as your ancestor's given name and surname, and some identifying information such as residence, age, and family relationships.
Burial records are often brief, so it can be easy to confuse individuals of the same name, origin, and birth date.
Compare what information is given with what you already know about your ancestor to make sure it is the correct person.
Search the Collection
View images in this collection by visiting the Browser Page:
To search the collection by image, you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒Select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒Select the appropriate "Cemetery and Record Type"
⇒Select the appropriate "Volume" which takes you to the images.
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Portuguese. For help with reading the records, see the following resources:
What do I do Next?
- Use the age to determine a birth year.
- Use the estimated birth year (from previous) and birthplace to locate the birth record.
- Use the locality and the spouse's name to locate a marriage record church and/or civil records.
- Compile the entries for every person who has the same surname; this is especially helpful in rural areas or if the surname is unusual.
- Continue to search the records to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives of the deceased who may have been buried in the same cemetery or nearby. This can help you identify other generations of your family. Repeat this process for each new generation you identify.
I Found Who I was Looking for, What Now?
When looking for a person who had a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct.
The name of the undertaker or mortuary could lead you to funeral records, which often include the names and residences of other family members.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing this Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- “Brazil, Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Municipal Cemetery Records, 1897-2012.” Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2017. Fundação de Parques Municipais, Belo Horizonte [Municipal Parks Foundation, Belo Horizonte].