Bridport was chartered on October 9, 1761. The population was 1,218 at the 2010 census. 
There's only one Bridport in the U.S.A., by Wallace L Payne, Raymond H Lounsbury, Bridport Historical Society, et al - find this book in a library.
FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
The probate district for Bridport is Addison.
Addison Probate Court
7 Mahady Court
Middlebury, VT 05753
Phone: (802) 388-2612
The following is a list of cemeteries in present-day Bridport. For location of cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont,Addison County, website at this link.
- Bridport Centeral Cemtery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Pine Hill Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site..
- Town Line Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Wells Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
Town Clerk Vital and Town Records, 1782-1959, can be found on FamilySearch (browse only images).
The Family History Library has microfilm of original records from the Bridport Town Clerk's Office. These include Deeds, 1785-1851, and Records of births, marriages, and deaths, 1868-1999; indexes to births, deaths, marriages, 1856-1999.
Bridport Town Clerk
82 Crown Point Road
P.O. Box 27 Bridport, VT 05734
Phone: (802) 758-2483
Clerk Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Libraries and Historical Societies
Bridport Historical Society
VT Route 22A & Crown Point Road
Mailing Address: 3177 Crown Point Road
Bridport, VT 05734
Phone: (802) 758-2654
- History of the Town of Bridport, VT http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vermont/AddisonBridport.html