Brynllys, Breconshire Genealogy
BRYNLLYS, (or Broynllis), a parish in the hundred of Talgarth, in the county of Brecon, South Wales, 7 miles to the N.E. of Brecknock. It is situated to the S. of the river Wye. In this parish are the remains of a castle, which was founded soon after the Norman Conquest, and was held at one time by the Cliffords, and afterwards by the Bohuns. It was partly destroyed by fire in the 12th century. A round tower still remains. For more information, see Brynllys, Breconshire at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464301.