Bulgaria Language and Languages
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Bulgaria Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
- Bulgarian is the primary language.
- It is a southern Slavic tongue and is written in the Cyrillic script.
- Minority groups speak their own languages.
- Records were kept in Bulgarian, Turkish, Greek, and Old Church Slavonic.
- Bulgaria Postal History can be used to study writing.
- The Family History Department of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, “Family History Record Profile: Bulgaria,” Word document, private files of the FamilySearch Content Strategy Team, 1991-1998.