Cairns Queensland Family History Centre
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Centre Contacts and Hours
- Location & Map:
- 147 Woodward Street, Edge Hill, Cairns, QLD 4870, Australia
- Carpark entrance from Polentz Street.
- Cairns Family History Centre
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open Hours: Tuesday 6:30pm - 8:00pm; Wednesday 6:30pm - 8:00pm; Sunday 11:30am - 1:30pm
- Holiday Schedule: Closed from 15 December 2016 until 7 January 2017
- Time Zone: +10 GMT/UTC (See current time)
- FamilySearch Catalog: This centre has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Genealogical Research Dictionary 1989-2003
- Assorted books and CD references
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This centre has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
- PAF 5
- Ancestral Quest
Hardware and Equipment
- Microfilm reader
- Microfiche reader
- Computer Printer
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Cairns Libraries - If you visit a branch of one of the Cairns Libraries, you can access the following online databases on their computers:
Ancestry (Library Edition)
Find My Past (.ie, .co.uk & .com.au)
Pay to use their resources (See website for current details)
Can hire a researcher to research for you.
They are also an official Centre for receiving and viewing FamilySearch microfilms.
Located in the Cairns Museum, they have a library open to the public (small fee for use)
Volunteer at the Centre
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
Adding details to a FHC page article.